award ticket help

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by ktspg, Feb 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ktspg

ktspg Active Member

Status Points:
    We would like to travel from JAX to FRA on 7/30. Travel by train to Amsterdam and Paris and coming back from CGD to JAX on 8/14 via business class. I searched on AA but the tax/fuel charges from BA were to high. On United, it shows availability and tax/fuel charges are very reasonable. For us to go via business class on Star Alliance, I would have to transfer points from UR to United. Is it best now to transfer the UR points and book the seats or can I wait for another month or two.

The reason for the delay is that I would like to spend 2 to 3 days in Zurich, London, or other nearby cities and coming back to JAX on 8/17. This third leg is currently not available. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or other cities that i might not have considered.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you see the seats available that you want then book them. There is no guarantee that they will still exist some months later.

edekba likes this.
  3. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are intending to travel in the summer (when everyone else is). If you find a seat grab it now, because there might not be any availability later. If your plan change, just swallow your pride, pay the fee (although just for a date change there should not be any even without status unless something change recently) and change there. It is always easier to change a reservation than to find new award seats that might not exist.

edekba likes this.