Award Reissue Q - will UA do this right?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Feb 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm currently holding a C LH award for 2. It looks increasingly likely that F will open up. I know I'll have to pay to redeposit my miles and pay a close-in fee - fine. Question. I don't have enough miles in my account for the issuance of 2 F awards until my miles from the C ticket are re-deposited. Will UA be able to accomplish this without screwing this up? (i.e., booking the new reservation, making sure it comes back HK, putting it on hold, then redepositing the miles from the other ticket (I assume this is instant or close to it) It is the first time I've had such a situation where I both don't have enough miles for the new ticket while the old one is outstanding AND I don't have enough status to avoid all the fees.

2. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do I know that CO can do the switch simultaneously . So I will speculate that UA can do it. But since they still use different systems someone who knows better will have to confirm (or deny). Of course, it always depends if you get a ticketing agent who knows what they're doing or not.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

3. B1BomberVB

B1BomberVB Silver Member

Status Points:
    The new UA/CO will use the present CO Website, perhaps with improvements. Good riddance to the present UA award Website.
    Maybe U will somehow be lucky enough to pay only a re-issue fee, not a re-deposit fee + close-in fee!