Award redemtion on Condor?

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by cotter77, Jan 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    searching for award itineraries using CO miles.
    lots of good ones use LH but originating airport needs connection on A3 which are somewhat available to some hubs, but what about Condor? they give access to FRA, MUC, ZRH but i cant seem to figure out if you are allowed to get awards on them?....is it only if it is codeshared with LH?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Condor is funny. I think of them as a semi charter vacation outfit, with many routes operated only once a week. Most of their passengers seem to have package tours.

However, I once had a regular one way ticket on them that my outstanding live travel agent got for me when Olympic went on strike. I was treated royally by the FAs so I think this may have been unusual.

Have you checked whether it is possible to earn LH miles when flying Condor?

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is M&M earn/burn on Condor but at rather restricted rates IIRC. They are not, however, a *A partner and earn/burn from other *A programs is not possible. Quite similar to SilkAir/Singapore in that way.