Award Question.

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Mapsmith, Nov 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I figured that some of the more experienced Flyers out there might be able to advise me.

Trip coming up in Jan. Cheap tickets 25K RT are available. However, they would require me to pay for checked bags. (My wife does NOT travel light) There are also AAnytime Coach that would give free checked bags for 50K miles RT. But there are also FC Savers at 50K. That would be my choice and it is essentially a no-brainer.

Now comes the question. For a couple of segments (this is domestic) the flights would be on Mad-Dogs. The other segments give me a choice between MD-80 or 83, 737, or 757. Which aircraft's FC seats are the best of these choices????

2. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Everyone has their opinions, and some like the old brown leather 757 F seats. I like the new ones on the 737 that have the seat bottom slide forward when you try to recline. They are also on the MD80s, but not on all of them. They're also on some 757s. I don't know how to tell which plane you're going to get.

3. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    As FlyMeToTheLooneyBin says, this is a personal thing. I prefer F in the MD80s. The seats are ok. But the fact the engines are on the tail of the plane makes the front cabin very quiet compared to others. Just be careful of row 3. Bulk head doesn't give extra room and one side is a little short.

4. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    I prefer the 73s and 75s to the MadDog for F, and I prefer the MD in back. I never found the 75s older F seats to be that uncomfortable (and frankly liked them better than some of the 73 seats). I think the newest generation of 73 is quieter up front (the planes with the Sky Interior).

All that said, the 75s have more F seats, which (generally) translates into more availability.

5. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks.

6. I have also heard that the 73 generation is a super quite ride. I look forward to boarding one soon!

7. aamilesslave
    Original Member

aamilesslave Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't waste any time worrying about which narrowbody F is better; they are all very similar. I would personally pick the flights that are most convenient.