Award nights and status

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rosalia, Jun 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    We know that award nights count to keep or get Platinum status, do they count to keep or get the Royal Ambassador status?

jonspencer likes this.
  2. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not really, ra is more about spend than nights. Just me 2 cents.

3. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't really know for sure but we do know that to be offered RA you have to be in the top ?% of customers. So if you needed say 70 nights last year to qualify for RA. Then we could assume since they are counting awards nights now for all members then the qualification number will probably increase. Say to maybe 80 Nights? Just my thoughts on the issue.

jonspencer likes this.
  4. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    award nights most likely count but you will probably need more nights as noted above

if you are an existing RA, I have to believe you will get the benefit of the doubt if you are close :eek:

I already have like 10 reward nights in 2014 but would probably make it on paid stays

5. HighPlainsDrifter

HighPlainsDrifter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I posed that very question to Ambassador customer service last month and received a very polite and prompt response that RA was by invitation only to the top 1% of customers with reward stays counting only towards IHG Gold/Platinum status and not RA.

DJP_707 likes this.