Award Night Cancellations

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Sagegal, Feb 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sagegal

Sagegal Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have reservations at the Hyatt Paris Vendome property from March 31-April 9. All nights but two are being paid for with points. The two nights April 6 & April 8 currently have no award night availability. I have been calling daily to see if award night availability has opened up, does anyone have any experience with how Hyatt releases award nights? Do I stand a better chance closer to my scheduled stay? I'd gladly pay out of pocket for one night, but not two. I'll just use Club Carlson or Starwood points for the last night if availability does open up at Vendome.

apgrizzwald and Jett Rink like this.
  2. Mrs. Peel

Mrs. Peel Silver Member

Status Points:

3. flyer_o

flyer_o Gold Member

Status Points:
    Using the website woud work as well. I had the same situation around NYE 2010. I could only get 1 of the 3 nights that I needed. With about 2 weeks to go, one night opened up. A week later, the final night was available.

4. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Slight correction - it's the "Base" Entry room - in this property it's the Park Twin or Park Queen only (not Park Deluxe or above) - that must be available for sale for revenue for it to be available for award redemption - other rooms that may be for sale does not translate into available for award redemption.

rharrigill likes this.
  5. Sagegal

Sagegal Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got all my award nights booked. Many thanks for the tip of looking online to check availability of Park Twin/Queen rooms, the thought never occurred to me to as such. End result I booked nine nights all with award points from the Hyatt visa and UR points and was short 7,500 hyatt points so I used the up to 30% bonus Hyatt is offering until 3/15 to buy points. Paid $165 for a hotel stay worth $6035. Gotta love it.

peteropny, folex386 and rharrigill like this.
  6. folex386

folex386 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats! Enjoy the stay!I am trying to find 2 nights in may so hopefully space opens up as I get closer!

7. jpripcord

jpripcord Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just keep checking each day online. I booked 2 nights in the Vendome at the end of March, but the third i needed was unavailable, so I was going to have to start in the Madeline and then change after the first day.

I checked back every single day (most days several times a day), and after about a week, a standard room popped up online.

I called the diamond desk and they made the switch for me instantly. Huge relief. Just stick with it

rharrigill likes this.
  8. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Whew! Was booked at the Hyatt Regency Madeleine (PH had no twin or queen rooms when I booked), but I've checked every day (obsessively) for 3 months and finally a twin room opened up! Called and made the change quickly and easily. Three night stay is in June!

9. Sagegal

Sagegal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Having just returned from Paris and a 9 night stay at Paris Vendome, I can understand why people rave about the property. While the hotel staff knew I was staying on award points I could not have been treated with more respect and kindness. I arrived and was told I had "mail", it was a hand written note from the hotel manager welcoming me and telling me I was entitled to two American breakfasts every morning and two drinks at the signature bar. It wasn't until my first morning when I realized the value of the breakfast. The daily charge for two came to $100 euros (for breakfast!) by the third morning the staff knew our likes and dislikes and I rarely had to ask for my latte and juice. Breakfast was wonderful and I was rarely hungry for lunch unless it was late. The two drinks from the Hyatt bar totaled $19 euros each as I chose Bollinger Champagne. When I first arrived at the room which was on the main avenue with a fantastic view a complimentary bottle of wine and gourmet chocolates were waiting. My hotel bill was over 7000 euros for my stay and I paid $0. Amazing. The hotel was in close proximity to everything and since we are walkers we very much enjoyed the fantastic weather to walk to many of the sites.

rharrigill likes this.
  10. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds pretty fantastic!

Any idea how you qualified for the breakfasts and drinks? Do you have status with Hyatt?

11. Sagegal

Sagegal Silver Member

Status Points:
    No idea why I received the breakfast perk but it was a huge savings to my budget. The only status I have is platinum and that came with the Chase Hyatt Visa I used.

rharrigill likes this.
  12. folex386

folex386 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh this is fantastic! I'm staying in a few days and I'm really excited to try the PH Vendome! Quick question, I know it should be in the other thread, but were you able to get the room-service breakfast?

13. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice! I'm also platinum, crossing my fingers that I'll get the breakfast, too.

14. Sagegal

Sagegal Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never tried, but without question I saw many rooms receiving the service although I had no way of knowing their circumstance. Enjoy your time there, you will undoubtedly love it.

15. Sagegal

Sagegal Silver Member

Status Points:
    And I'm not talking coffee, juice and some pastry breakfast either...they had a full spread of cheeses, fresh fruits, fresh baked breads and pastries, meats, cereal, yogurt, salmon you name it plus the option for hot items like eggs, bacon, sausage french toast etc all cooked to order.

Another little known fact...the hotel offers free bicycles to use during your stay, if you know you will need one reserve ahead of time like night before or early morning as they tend to go quickly.

rharrigill likes this.
  16. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not to stray too far from the original topic, of course, but this is a nice perk also. But, if you want to be biking in Paris, you should really sign up for the municipal bike share service. That way, you don't have to worry about locking a bike, or making a round trip. You pick it up at point A and drop it at point B and then, if you want, get another later somewhere else. It's very convenient and fun.

rharrigill likes this.
  17. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do they provide bike locks to use?

18. Sagegal

Sagegal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes.

BTW, I love the boxer pup, I own one. She's 12.

19. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!