Award Confirmed but not Ticketed

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Scott Schmidt, Aug 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    This morning, I decided to mix things up and change a previously booked business class award, so it now goes FRA-BCN-DOH-SEZ-ADD-IST-CPH.

That involves three different Star Alliance carriers (LH, ET and TK) and Qatar Airways. Immediately after booking online, I received a confirmation email.

However, now I cannot view the reservation online, and it is showing as FRA-ZRH (the first leg of my old ticket)...

1) How long should I wait before calling them?
    2) Has anybody been to ADD? Is 4 hours enough connection time?

2. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    DIG_R/1K was just in ADD, so he should be able to answer that.

I'd generally wait 2-3 hours before calling for domestic, and probably 2 days (but not 3) for *A et al.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    4 hours is more than enough time for ADD as the airport is very small and believe me when I say it's more than enough. Enjoy the experience of transiting there!!!

If you're Star Gold the Cloud 9 lounge was very crowded FYI but the terminal is very crowded as well.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

4. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ha! Thanks... Looked at the airport map and there are like 5 gates in the international terminal and 9 in all... Makes Burbank sound huge!

Still waiting for my ticket to appear on United.com... Though I can pull up a receipt, so that is promising.

5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually it's bigger than Burbank but you'll have to take a bus for like 100 meters between the Intl and Domestic Terminal and for the Cloud 9 Lounge at the Domestic terminal, it's outside of security but nothing too complicated.

6. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    The last two times I've had UA awards booked through USAirways (and changed that itinerary later), UA has had artifacts of the original booking showing on their itinerary. It's disconcerting because I worry I'll be a no-show or something, but US assures me the new itinerary is correct. The cancelled segments, but not all of them, still show on UA. I don't like it. Oh, well -- departure in a couple of weeks. We'll see which carrier expects me to be where and who is correct.

Scott Schmidt likes this.
  7. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I get the artifacts problem too whenever I mess around with an itinerary. It is especially nerve-wracking on mobile, where stuff shows up in the most bizarre orders I am never quite sure which flight I am booked on. This happens even if I just try to go standby on a flight.