Award Booking Update

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge, Nov 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear Milepoint Members,

Today, we are excited to announce two updates that will improve your Hyatt travel experience.

New! Award Booking Updates
    Now there are more ways to use your points online. Starting this afternoon on Hyatt.com and via the Hyatt app, you can:

· Book Points + Cash awards

· Upgrade paid stays to a Regency Club or Grand Club room using points

· Cancel award bookings

Guest of Honor Extended
    Earlier this year, we introduced Guest of Honor as the newest Diamond member benefit. Guest of Honor gives Diamond members the opportunity to extend their in-hotel benefits like Regency Club or Grand Club access, free breakfast, and late checkout to family and friends when they transfer a free night stay using points. This Diamond benefit has been extended through December 30, 2016.

William JLP, snod08, Kalboz and 3 others like this.
  2. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am glad "guest of honor" is extented. What a nice way to bless someone... I do miss "my Elite rate". Several of the competitors have discounted (Elite) rates when one signs into the account. (Hilton, SPG, Marriott) Wonder when Hyatt will come back to offer this one? It does keep people away....

Kalboz likes this.
  3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    We're in agreement here. I'm happy to see GOH sticking around and sorry MER went away. However, given the state of the industry, the discounts via MER were too big to be sustainable. I'd like to see them come back in some form, though.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am so glad to see the points plus cash rates online.
    Never used GOH.

With the My Elite Rate, I swear I saw a few hotels showing "my elite rate" (month of Jan-2016, cities in the USA ..NYC, LAX, SFO)

Pizzaman likes this.
  5. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:

The MER rates are back for a limited time. It was silently rolled out, maybe as a small time promotion for the holidays. You get a popup on hyatt.com and can be found on the app. Prob just a sale thing.

HYATTMER.png

Pizzaman likes this.
  6. theSuperStar

theSuperStar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Awesome!

7. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Were you logged in when you found these?

8. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think so, I just logged out fully and tried to pull it up again and it gave me the same rates.

9. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope you are right. Hyatt has some special rates for Chicago, Hawaii etc with 15% off. However that shoul not be confused with my Elite rate. It always said clearly my Elite rate in the first "box" to the left back in 2014. Has anyone seen any rates for properties outside the USA? Any official comment from a Hyatt representative PLEASE?!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  10. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    You ask, they answer! Hyatt responded to a request I had earlier this morning for more info. They confirmed this is a test in a limited number of markets, not just a sale. They'll be analyzing the data and deciding if and when they might roll out something more comprehensive. Glad to see them continuing to explore this!

Kalboz likes this.
  11. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like it! Esp. If it is rolled out internationally where Hyatt rates are normally much higher.

Kalboz likes this.