Award binded to account owner Credit Card

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by adrianors, Nov 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Although I "understand" the scare of the airlines to have people selling award tickets here and there, I could not understand that. I booked two award tickets LAX-CLT today, when I was going to pay, it required that the name on the credit card matched the name on the AAdvantage account owner, the problem here is.. I was using my wife's account to book that award (for her) but wanted to pay the fees (the crazy 80 bucks in fees) with my credit card.. probably tomorrow I will get an email that my credit card was declined (YES! THE NAMES DONT MATCH!), for that one shouldn't be a problem.. I will just have to use my wife's credit card.. BUT, the second award was from my daughters account, she's 16 months old.. what now?

Newscience likes this.
  2. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    No idea how.. but went through my credit card (even with the wrong name on it..) it seems they don't care THAT much..

Newscience likes this.
  3. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    As you found out, they are pretty lax about it. However, it is just one example why spouses should get authorized user cards on each other's accounts.