Award availability on Alaska airlines to Hawaii?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Lipman, May 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Lipman

Lipman Active Member

Status Points:
    I've never booked an award with British Airways before but I've accumulated 100k and thought I'd try to use them. I was really hoping I could find 2 award tickets from SJC to LIH (or really to anywhere in Hawaii) over the summer, with really broad date flexibility. Am I foolish to hope that such things might exist?

2. TennisPro
    Original Member

TennisPro Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just saw your post.

Actually, Alaska Airlines has pretty decent availability. I checked SJC-LIH for 2 saver awards using aa.com, and there are lots of available days.

Once you find saver availability on Alaska Airlines, using the aa.com website, you have to call British Airways to book it.

Alaska Airlines availability doesn't show on British Airways website. Some folks report getting BA to waive the $25 phone booking fee in these instances.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  3. TennisPro
    Original Member

TennisPro Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh, and in my opinion, 25K Avios for a round-trip flight in economy from anywhere on the west coast to Hawaii, is a good value.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  4. Lipman

Lipman Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the help -- is it true that Alaska award availability for AA matches up with Alaska award availability for BA? If so that will make my search much easier!

5. TennisPro
    Original Member

TennisPro Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes. In my experience it matches up. So as you suggested, the easiest way to do it, is search on AA, then once you find what you want, go to BA to book it.

6. Lipman

Lipman Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks again! I was successful, and now my family is booked on a trip to Maui. :)

Toula likes this.