Award Availability Discrepancies Between Airlines?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Reader Jonathan Casey asked the following question in the "Ask Lucky" forum: "I am in the process of trying to book a Lufthansa first class award (less than 14 days out). I've been watching ANA, United, and Aeroplan site for the seats to open for the flight I'm trying to take which is currently sitting at F4. Last night availability showed up on the ANA site and United site, but Aeroplan didn't show any seats in first. I tried calling Aeroplan and the agent didn't see anything either. This morning ANA and United both still show 1 award seat and again Aeroplan both web and agent don't show a seat. The day before and day after all 3 engines ANA, United, and Aeroplan show availability on the same flight so it doesn't seem like the space is being blocked unless Aeroplan is blocking this one specific day out of this specific city (Aeroplan has availability for other LH first the same day from other US departure points so that doesn't seem likely). Has anyone else experienced this where ANA and United show Lufthansa first and Aeroplan does not? What could be the cause of this?" The post Award Availability Discrepancies Between Airlines? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...