Avoid a second chage fee on Delta!

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by palmeiras1000, Sep 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. palmeiras1000

palmeiras1000 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello folks,

I have a award ticket on Delta from GRU-JFK in 10 days, but I'll have to push it off for a different date and pay the 150US change fee (being I'm only SM on DL).

But the think is that I don't know yet when I'll be able to fly, and I'm afraid to choose a date now and again not be able to flight in that day, so I was wandering if there's any way to leave it open or something else, so I don't have to push it off twice and have to pay another time.

Any ideas will be great appreciate.

Thnx

Gargoyle and TravelBear like this.
  2. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    You could also just cancel the ticket. Still the same cost. But book it when you are more sure of your plans.

Effective for tickets booked on or after August 15, 2011, members must request an Award Ticket cancellation at least 72 hours prior to the originating flight departure time in order to redeposit miles. The Award Ticket redeposit fee of $150 USD remains the same. For changes and cancellations made at least 72 hours prior to departure, Diamond and Platinum Medallion members will continue to receive a fee waiver. Miles redeemed for Award Tickets are nonrefundable for flights canceled within 72 hours of the original flight departure time.

3. palmeiras1000

palmeiras1000 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the idea, but in my case it wouldn't work since this this is my way back, and delta does not allow to cancel a partially used ticket.

TravelBear likes this.
  4. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh sorry I missed that it was partially used.

GoodBoy likes this.
  5. when will we see you in the lounge TB?:)