Avis presidents club guaranteed availability really works

Discussion in 'Avis | First/Preferred' started by ballardFlyer, Dec 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I forced a 2 day rental at the new Sheraton Waikiki location this week. Corporate phone agent said they were sold out at that location until I asked about the PC guarantee. He changed his story, called the location, and then I had a premium car for an econ rate. My daily rate was over 60% lower than they guy picking up the same car model next to me (he had reserved earlier). Very pleased with PC. Never expect the world, but they can deliver when asked.

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    PC has been good to save me from a busy counter. Not so great on getting the vehicle I want.

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You did well. I am at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki this week and had to use points for a Hertz rental as they wanted $1,000.00 for five days. I should have checked Avis as I am also a presidents club member, but after seeing the rates at Hertz I just decided to use my Hertz points thinking everyone was probably overpriced for New Year.

4. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was at HR Waikiki too and I couldn't even get a rental with Hertz points so you did well in getting a free rental!

Also, don't know if you remember, but we were in the same row on OWMD bus to the Boeing 737. Hope you are having a great time w/your family in HNL. We had a good time at HR Waikiki ourselves.

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. jagmap

jagmap Active Member

Status Points:
    PC guarantee worked for me at St Thomas earlier this year. I literally took the last car from the gentleman behind me and felt horrible.

marcwint55 likes this.
  6. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've used Avis several times recently and each time I have been upgraded to a very nice Cadillac, usually with satellite radio and GPS included.