Avis Preferred Select and Go

Discussion in 'Avis | First/Preferred' started by garyst16, Jun 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear Garyst16,

As a valued customer and member of Avis Preferred®, we want to share exciting
    news about enhancements to your service. Beginning June 7, 2012 we're launching Avis Preferred Select & Go––a new service that puts you in control. Select & Go will be available at 50 airport locations in the United States and Canada by the end of 2012.
    NEW Avis Preferred Select & Go
    Select & Go gives you the freedom to select the vehicle that’s right for you and your trip. We will continue to pre-assign your vehicle based on your preferences, and now you’ll have three options when you reserve an intermediate or larger vehicle:

1. Keep: Check your email* or the Preferred board for your pre-assigned vehicle. If you’re happy with it, drive to the Exit Booth as usual.

2. Exchange: If your vehicle isn’t exactly what you want, select a different one from our Select & Go Exchange area at no extra charge.

3. Upgrade: Choose from our Select & Go Upgrade area—including Cool Cars, specialty vehicles, SUVs and more—for an additional daily charge.**

As an Avis First member, you will still receive free upgrades when available, and now with Select & Go, you’ll have more options to choose the vehicle that best fits you and your trip.
    New Faster Service
    Because your time is valuable, your Rental Agreement will no longer be in your vehicle. Simply drive your selected vehicle to the Exit Booth where an Avis representative will get you on your way quickly and easily––no additional paperwork required!

We thank you for making Avis your choice for your car rental needs and we look forward to you driving with us again soon.

Sincerely,

Jeannine Haas
    Chief Marketing Officer

Avis Preferred Select & Go Locations
    July 2012
    August 2012
    More Locations Coming Soon

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Copying Hertz... who are sort of copying National, I guess.

mo26, aptraveler, dc_traveler and 2 others like this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    As an AvisFirst member, should I be annoyed I did not get said email? ;)

aptraveler, USAF_Pride and sobore like this.
  4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this available for President's Club members?

jkchan83 likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe not yet? I didn't get it either. Maybe I forgot to opt in for emails?

rwoman likes this.
  6. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep, I'll at least be looking into this.
    They know me now at my local airport National. My Executive reservation means I'm going to be paying midsize rate; but they are going to let me go out with anything from a premium sitting on the Executive Aisle all the way down to a subcompact. My last rental, I decided to try out a Sonic. It was cool.:)
    I've tried this twice with Hertz. Both times the upgrade was an Impala(yeah, choose between any color of Impala; which use to be the old joke about renting with National:D) . I turned it down; I would have been driving a bigger car with more space than I needed.
    It will be interesting to see how Avis handles the concept.

aptraveler, garyst16 and Fyaric like this.
  7. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm am also an AF member...just lucky I guess :cool:

rwoman likes this.