Avios from South America 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by zoomgirl, May 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. zoomgirl

zoomgirl Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi all, new to mile point (lurker) but not the miles game. I need some award ticket booking advice and hope you all can help.

I have a ticket booked to South America for late March 2015, flying from New York to Santiago, used Avios to book on LAN.

I want to fly back on April 5 out of either Buenos Aires, São Paulo or Rio de Janeiro ideally. I've got so many Avios I need to use them, so I'm looking to fly LAN or TAM back as well and can fly back to New York, Miami, or even Houston.

On the BA site I see tons of availability, but I think it's all phantom because I get an error at the very end of booking, after I've put in all my CC info. The message tells me to call BA but the line is always busy or an hour wait!

Any advice or thoughts? I tried checking on Qantas but I keep getting an error that some routes are not valid when I know they are! (Like Eze-JFK).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call them as suggested. BA has had continuous and seemingly non-ending problems with booking LAN tickets on ba.com
    At least you are able actually see inventory on their website for a long while last year nothing was even visible.:rolleyes: