Availability / Challenges Using Chase Free Night Certificates

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by DCA Rob, Aug 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DCA Rob

DCA Rob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today I attempted to reserve two nights for later this year at the Andaz Amsterdam that is scheduled to open in late November. I could make a regular paid reservation or an award reservation using points, but the Hyatt Platinum desk indicated that the hotel did not have any availability for the Chase Credit Card Free Night Awards.

I have sent an email directly to the pre-opening office at the hotel to learn if they expect to open availability for the awards, but I was wondering if anyone else has encountered similar problems when trying to use these.

2. healinginfluence

healinginfluence Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a new Hyatt card member I also am interested in the answer to this question. It seems the free nights are capacity controlled.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    The credit card free nights should book into the same inventory as points rewards, which should be available whenever a standard room is offered. Something seems off here.

JohnDeere19 and iolaire like this.
  4. DCA Rob

DCA Rob Silver Member

Status Points:
    SUCCESS!

I e-mailed the pre-opening office regarding potential rewards availability. Two days later I received an automatic reservation confirmation through the Hyatt reservation system and a personal message my the front office manager indicating she had made a reservation for me. Overall, I consider this great Hyatt service at the property level.

Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the Amsterdam Andaz will not push back their opening date again. I am really looking forward to seeing how this property functions in its first week or so.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  5. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Congratulations.

DCA Rob and JohnDeere19 like this.