Discussion in 'AutoSlash' started by AutoSlash, Feb 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. AutoSlash

AutoSlash Z Representative

Status Points:
  2. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    any chance that this exposure among others is what caused the companys to stop working with you, when AS wasnt being splashed all over they might have felt there was a limit to what theyd lose, once it gets out there their % goes thru the roof

3. AutoSlash

Status Points:
    It's likely that the increased media exposure caused a number of companies to take a closer look at AutoSlash.

4. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    You would think the exposure would have helped and driven more business to those that participate. Even if the prices were lower -- if the car was just going to sit on the lot anyways... you would think they would appreciate the extra business as it would likely bring in clients that would have not normally booked with them.

5. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    the other side is since most people would make a res and not keep rechecking if it dropped,would end up paying more then they could have so Hertz+ are happy.

If they were able to make it that the drop would Only be a 1 time thing and for someone who didnt already have a res then maybe theyd play ball. But they were watching their profits go down as AS would rebook everyone

6. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Profits are only going down if you intended to book with Hertz to begin with. If it brought in new customers, or stole reservations from a competitor because you would 5$ cheaper then I think it would have its advantages.

If its largely people like me, that booked with Hertz either way, then you'd be completely right. But I think my loyalty is largely the exception and not the rule.

7. AutoSlash

Status Points:
    As this discussion shows, there are many nuances to this issue. AutoSlash has always believed that our model has more benefits than downsides for the car rental companies. It's unfortunate that they don't feel the same way.

Change can be disruptive. It can make established players nervous. We get that. We also get that the response to our service over the past two years has been overwhelmingly positive from consumers. Clearly that is a sign that we are on the right path. We do not intend to let this setback keep us from providing this valuable service to consumers. We look forward to launching a new and improved service that we hope will be even more beneficial to consumers over the long term.

8. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I may be 1 of the few that didnt mind and doesnt mind booking with the likes of Fox or EZWay etc as long as the savings are there. I just want the cheapest price for the type of car and I didnt care if it meant 2 shuttles or going off airport .Of cause if it was only a buck or 2 it didnt pay but usually it was alot more then that

Its always great to have another option for trying to save some $$ even if in the end a res I made on my own was cheaper, the next time AS might have been cheaper

Alamo/National/Enterprise (all 1 company) didnt play . Could be the others spoke about it to each other and agreed 1 by 1 each would drop out , cant do it all at once least the Feds get involved. that way they didnt ahve to worry about lossing teh customers to the others as there wasnt any others except the no-name swhich were alreday well below them rate wise and not really their competition

Just got to hope that AS can put something together whereby tehy wont know its AS behind it