Automating AmEx Sync registration

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by Wandering Aramean, Apr 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Want to participate in the AmEx Sync promotions without working too hard at it? Consider trying out my AmEx SyncAssist tool.

[​IMG]

Link your Twitter & AmEx accounts like you normally would and then also link Twitter to SyncAssist. It is constantly checking the list of published Sync offers from AmEx and once a new one is found it will sign you up. You'll get the reply from AmEx directly to your account so you can know it worked.

Read more: http://blog.wandr.me/2014/04/syncassist-making-amex-sync-easy/

maradori, iolaire, HiIslands and 2 others like this.
  2. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    I signed up this afternoon. It's easy to implement and the payoff is potentially great.

Thanks, Seth!

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems like a helpful tool, however I do worry that it will sign people up for offers that they have zero interest in utilizing and thus lock up offers that others might have wanted to use. As we saw with the Staples offer this weekend it was closed down once it hit is limit and people who wanted to sign up could not. Today there is a Diesel offer, it seems like that would be a waste if I automatically signed up for that one since I've never bought anything from the store.

Zomby Woof likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If you want to manage your registrations directly you still can. This is for people who want to be in on all the deals.

Within 3 minutes of the Diesel registration being public more than 100 SyncAssist users were in on the deal. I can't promise it will always be that fast (current query cycle is 10 minutes and I got lucky on when that one was released relative to my cycle) but for aggressive Sync users I think this is a useful tool.

5. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another alternative that I think came from FM... use TweetDeck. Create all your accounts, then link them all to a central account you logon to TweetDeck with. You can then see all the accounts from there, and can tweet out all the offers you want to all the accounts at once. If you name the accounts to remind you what they're for, and even attach credit card images to them, it makes it a little easier. Still its a giant pain setting all this up. We'll see if its worth it over time.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I use HootSuite and can tweet the same thing from multiple accounts all at the same time. it is nice. But not having to remember to sign up is what I'm really keen on. :-:

gconnery likes this.
  7. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points: