Authorized User Looking to Get Own Credit Card

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by robeast, Apr 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. robeast

robeast Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

My mom recently opened Chase United MileagePlus Explorer business and personal credit cards. I had to add myself as an authorized user/employee to both credit cards to help with the minimum spending requirements. Now that she's just about reached the minimum, I was thinking about removing myself from the cards and signing up for my own Chase credit cards (United MP Explorer or Chase Ink Plus). I do have some concerns before doing this, though...
    • By removing myself as an AU, will it impact my credit score? If so, how bad would it be and can I easily correct this?
    • If I apply for my own credit card, will Chase take into account that I was an AU on the same credit card? or another Chase product?
    • Will I be able to get in on the bonus points/miles promo?
    Those are the only questions that come to mind at the moment. Thank you all for your help! If there are any other issues I need to be concerned about, please let me know...

satman40 likes this.
  2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    DocLouis.JPG Your status as an AU should not affect your ability to get your own account or receive a bonus for it. There's no real need to have her remove you, unless she just doesn't want you on her accounts.

satman40 and traveltoomuch like this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I often sign up as an AU on my wife's cards, she gets 5,000 points, and I can buy SMGC, since my name is on the card,,,

Your name is not on the CL, so do not remove your name...has nothing to do with you or your credit.

Apply, all Chase can do is say NO, or send you the card...

Why not open a saving account or a checking account with Chase, and put some skin in the line....

anileze likes this.
  4. robeast

robeast Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, guys ! Obviously a newbie... shouts to @mattsteg for the Little Mac image

5. robeast

robeast Member

Status Points:
    @satman40 I was thinkin about picking up SMGCs soon. Any advice you an offer up on this? Get the VISA version, right? And are they easy to liquidate? Looking to use the SMGCs to load on RBs.

6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    VISA, 2500 at a time, last 4 numbers are the pin, I use them to load my Serve card,,,and also my wife has a Serve Card.

We have more than one Simon Mall in our area, and you can get MO's for 69 cents...

Every point adds up....

7. robeast

robeast Member

Status Points: