Authentication glitch

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by MrAOK, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MrAOK
    Original Member

MrAOK Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my Chrome browser, some of the letters required for authentication of registration are white and unreadable.

Only by reloading several times did I finally get something I could make out. I also couldn't make out what the voice alternative was saying

2. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Strange as it sounds, I'm glad to hear this. Not glad you weren't able to read the letters, but glad to hear I'm not the only one who has trouble understanding the voice option on these things.

Thanks for the feedback.

3. Sorry it can be so difficult to make out the captcha.

I really hate those captcha's too, but it is very important that we do our best to make security a top priority to protect our members security.

Fortunately, you don't have do do that every time you login.

I am pretty sure it is not a glitch, that is just how it works, good or bad.

4. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although I was able to read them in Firefox, I did notice the voice option, but, slughead that I can be sometimes, didn't quite get that it was to hear the words or have them spelled out.

5. MrAOK
    Original Member

MrAOK Silver Member

Status Points:
    To make it clear, I've done numerous captcha in the past. While a bit of a pain, I've not had real trouble. This one was unreadable, with some letters in unreadable block white.

I launched in an older Windows xp machine using Chrome, so I suppose it could have been the video card or XP that couldn't display right, but whatever it was, it was unreadable and as I said I couldnt understand the sound.

when I tried the picture again, the font changed and it finally became readable.

6. I could be that an older xp machine using a relatively new browser may have issues with rendering the image.

I am not sure about the sound, I have never been able to do this recaptcha using the sound. This captcha is owned and hosted by Google. I am expecting that they are doing their best to consider all browsers and operating systems, but there could still be some issues.

7. MrAOK
    Original Member

MrAOK Silver Member

Status Points:
    odd, chrome is Google's own browser

8. It is not the Chrome alone that I suspect. It is the Chrome on an older operating system that I suspect to be the problem.

9. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I saw that when my wife signed up using Firefox on Vista. She hit the button for a new captcha, and got one which was more legible.