Austrian Seat Assignments

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by zshanlon, Dec 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just booked flights CDG-ZHR-VIE-JFK-CLT-RDU

It hasnt ticketed yet but United says they cant assign seats for the VIE-JFK flight on Austrian. Do I actually need to call Swiss, Austrian and US Airways separately?

Newscience likes this.
  2. MarkUK
    Original Member

MarkUK Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    When United tickets there will be reservation numbers for LH etc. Note these and go to their site where you can pull up the reservation and select seats.

zshanlon likes this.
  3. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    For Austrian you'll have to call in to assign seats.i believe it can't be done online.(or i just couldn't find it:)

Flyer1976 and zshanlon like this.
  4. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    Funny thing is I have Swiss # for CDG-ZHR and ZHR-VIE, I have USAir # for JFK-CLT and CLT-RDU but I wasn't given one for the Austrian flight from VIE-JFK

Newscience likes this.
  5. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    I couldn't do it either.

6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's probably associated with the LX PNR.

By the way Zurich is ZRH not ZHR. ;)

7. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should have/be able to obtain an OS confirmation # from UA. I have done this in the past. If it's not available online (may take some searching), a simple phone call to UA with your UA confirmation # will enable a retrieval for that OS confirmation #. ;)

zshanlon and boondr like this.
  8. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a IAD-MUC//ZRH-BOS/-IAD award flight scheduled for the spring. Initially when I booked in Sept. via United I was able to select the UA BOS-IAD seats only. However I was given confirmation #'s (tangent....why are they called "numbers" if it is mostly letters?) for the LH IAD-MUC and LX ZRH-BOS segments almost immediately(find them on the UA reservation page near the top of the res).

For LH I was able to select seats immediately, but LX wouldn't let me, wasn't an option and the info I found said only elites can pre-select seats. However when I saw this thread I went back and checked. I was able to select the seats online, so just double check the website (swiss).

9. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    United told me to call OS even though I didn't have the confirmation #. Go figure. I called and the nice Austrian agent was able to find my reservation by looking at the flight number and dates. Seat assigned!

boondr and Newscience like this.