1. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    OS94-IAD-VIE
    8H:55M Flight time
    BUSINESS CLASS
    5:40PM Departure

This was my first time flying Austrian, and as pleasant as it was, it was not the a flight i would rave about during the Xmas dinner this year. First, the seat was pretty hard—I mean it was hard hard. It felt like a coach seat with just extra leg room. However, it did recline down to a somewhat flat 180 degrees, but it was so hard, that sleeping was kind of rough. For some reason, i felt like I was sliding down when I lay flat. On the bright side, there was enuff space on the seat console to put a drink, personal item(s), and even room to put a small plate. I felt there was not a lot of width on the seat either—For some larger people, this journey would’ve been somewhat unpleasant. The overhead bin space seemed small as well. I had to really push my carry-on in there to make it fit. I saw others doing the same thing as well….The 767-300 appeared outdated, and the flip up video screens on the chair demonstrated that. I was suddenly reminded of the BusinessFirst seat on Delta back in 2007. The wood appearance on the seat was nice though—Hopefully, they will keep that if they ever revamp this aircraft.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shortly after take-off, the on board chef came around with the menu to take our orders.

[​IMG]

--continued

zpaul and violist like this.
  2. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I forgot exactly what was offered, but I just recall getting the perch fish. I really liked the coffee menu—there was an array of coffee drinks available, and they were delicious! Complemented the chocolate cake very well, for dessert. DO&CO caters to Austrian, so the quality was not bad…although DO&CO does a better job for Turkish Airlines IMO…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-- Continued

zpaul likes this.
  3. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    After landing, we prompted to the Austrian lounge, which also was not that big, but it was nice to have a refreshing morning drink, and catch up on emails. Will I fly OS again? Probably not….unless I absolutely have to in order to connect on my favorite carrier—Turkish Airlines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

zpaul and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the schnitzel on OS in J. It holds together better than I anticipated!

TrippePanAM likes this.
  5. TrippePanAM

TrippePanAM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good report. I flew this route I enjoyed it good flights but I prefer Lufthansa F over OS :p granted i have to settle for LH C most of the time. I need to fly Turkish Airlines I have heard fantastic things about it