Austrian Airlines Business Class Review

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

In May, I had to return to Greece for the weekend. Since I had not flown one of the (now inflated) US Airways 90,000 “special” awards (US to North Asia via Europe in business), I figured this was a good opportunity to take advantage of it. The first international leg of that itinerary was in Austrian Airlines business class. Booking Austrian Airlines Business Class Award Unfortunately, this year has wreaked havoc on the ability to book business class awards to Europe with Star Alliance carriers. United now would charge 70,000 miles one-way instead of the old 50,000 miles. US Airways can no longer book awards on Austrian Airlines. There are other programs but they will charge surcharges on this award that can be pretty pricey. The one exception is Avianca LifeMiles, but they are also changing their award chart in a few months. If you really do want to spend the extra 20,000 miles (one-way) for flying on Austrian Airlines in business class, there is some decent availability and I thought... The post Austrian Airlines Business Class Review appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...