[Aug 21, 2012] Three Floyds microbrewery Meetup (Munster, IN)

Discussion in 'Meetups' started by Sweet Willie, Aug 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Three Floyds is considered to be one of the very best breweries in the world. They have been voted #1 or #2 seven years running.

They have 4 beers in the current world's top 41, including one or two that should be available at the pub in bottles to go for less than you find them in stores: #16 Zombie Dust ($35 a case all-in, one of the great beer deals in the world) and maybe #41 Dreadnought (about $9-10 a bomber all-in).

http://beeradvocate.com/lists/popular

We are getting together there Tues. 8/21 at noon for beers and lunch and points/miles chat. They have a barley wine right now called Risgoop ($15 all-in for a bomber) that is one of the best I have ever had, sort of a super-Double IPA, a collaboration with Mikkeller of Denmark that is also one of the very top breweries in the world.

Let me know if you'd like to join us.

Directions:

From I-94, take exit Calumet Avenue South (Indiana Exit #1). Take Calumet Avenue South 2.5 miles to Superior Avenue, turn right, go 2 blocks to Indiana Parkway (Ave), turn left and we’re on your right, beneath the Town of Munster water tower.

From U.S. 30 in Dyer, IN, take Calumet Avenue North 3.0 miles to Superior Avenue, turn left, go 2 blocks to Indiana Parkway (Ave), then as above.

Scheduled attendees:

Willie
    +2 others

2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.