Attention Space Fans: A Marathon For You Is Opening For Registration Soon

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I have always loved all things of space and space travel. While I did not get to visit the NASA Kennedy Space Center until a few years ago, I could not wait to do that! After the Kennedy Space Center, other places of interest would be Houston’s Johnson Space Center, Pasadena’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. Rocket City Marathon – A Marathon For Space Fans I ran the Rocket City Marathon in Huntsville several years ago and really enjoyed it (you can read my report here). The Rocket City Marathon is a special kind of marathon in that it does not allow any headphones (even though most marathons had backtracked on that ruling) and it is a smaller town marathon that only features the marathon distance – no other races take place that day. It is a favorite of runners who are seeking to qualify for the Boston Marathon as the course is fast and the weather is perfect since the race is... The post Attention Space Fans: A Marathon For You Is Opening For Registration Soon appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...