Attaching Mileage Plus Explorer card to Mileage Plus account

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by disambiguous1, Feb 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. disambiguous1

disambiguous1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I both have Mileage Plus Explorer Visa cards from Chase. They are separate accounts. I had a Mileage Plus Rewards account to accumulate points before I got my card, and the two are linked. However, I am in charge of putting all this stuff together, and I did not get a Mileage Plus Rewards account for my wife.

I'm not sure exactly where the points for her account are accumulating. What happens if there is no Rewards account at United for the Visa points to go to? How do I go about correcting this?

Many thanks for all help. -DA1

2. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you didn't assign a MP account # to the new card (can you confirm it's a distinct, separate application and not an authorized user card?) at the time of application, Chase would have created a new MP account for you. Just give the number on the back of your card a call and ask them for it.

theBOAT

3. disambiguous1

Status Points:
    OK, this is a little freaky. Over 20 years ago and under her maiden name-- and with a different address, phone number, and email account-- my wife had a United Mileage Plus Rewards account which she had completely forgotten about. Somehow, the system figured that out and automatically connected it with the credit card account. This was discovered during a 20-minute phone call with Chase.

I'll agree it was convenient, but am I the only one who finds this a bit disconcerting? DA1

4. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    If she uses the maiden name as a middle name, then no. Otherwise, perhaps they work in conjunction with the NSA?

5. disambiguous1

Status Points:
    Nope, maiden name was not used as middle. (Cue Twilight Zone theme music...)

6. zippypinhead

zippypinhead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most likely, Chase "shared" the information of your wife's SSN. All sorts of information available from there.
    Silly thing is, UA can track down a twenty year old account but, every time I log into their site, I have to re-enter my MP number.:rolleyes::rolleyes: