Atlanta Hotels Marriott vs Hilton help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by adrianors, Nov 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I am in a serious doubt about which hotel to stay in Atlanta, I selected two, same rate, different chains but close locations (both downtown). I am staying for just one night. Any idea which one would be better? I got the gold membership with HH and have Marriott Silver (with just 7 nights until now this year! :( )
    The hotels are:

Hilton Atlanta
    255 Courtland Street NE | Atlanta | GA | United States 30303

or

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
    54 Peachtree Street SW,
    Atlanta, Georgia 30303 USA

Which one you guys think would be better to stay and why? In general I would go with the one that gives me more for less but in this case I have no clue which one to go!

2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Those are in somewhat different parts of downtown, and I think I'd pick based on geography and total cost. If you're on foot, I would pick the one closest to you destination. If you're on MARTA, the Fairfield will be much more convenient. If you're driving, look up the parking rates at both and consider based on that. If you're driving, I would also consider casting a wider net: staying in downtown proper may not be the right thing.

Note that the Hilton is connected by sky bridge to the Marriott Marquis and, through it, to the Hyatt Regency.

As far as the hotels themselves...the Hilton is a full-service property with plushier linens, etc. The Fairfield is a mid-range property. I'd be more comfortable in the Hilton.

adrianors and dstober like this.
  3. dstober

dstober Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depending on what kinds of activities you're looking for, I agree with traveltoomuch's suggestion of casting a wider net. I might suggest looking in Midtown near a MARTA station (gets you easily to downtown, Buckhead, High Museum). There are several Hilton and Marriott properties in that area. Good luck!

adrianors and traveltoomuch like this.
  4. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the tip.. I guess I am looking for which one would be more comfortable and will stick with the Hilton..

traveltoomuch likes this.
  5. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    If comfort is what you're looking for, that's a good choice. I would also look at the attached Marriott Marquis and Hyatt Regency - both are comparable to the Hilton, if not a bit better.

adrianors likes this.