Atlanta airport adds water refilling stations

Discussion in 'ATL | Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport' started by sobore, Jul 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.ajc.com/business/airport-adds-water-refilling-1469191.html

Thirsty travelers can now get refreshed at new water refilling stations at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, part of an effort to cut down the use of disposable water bottles.

The amenity has popped up at other major airports, such as San Francisco International and Chicago's O'Hare and Midway airports, and could reduce at least one small cost of traveling by eliminating a need to buy bottled water at the airport.

That could cut into the sales of those who profit by peddling bottled water, including airport concessionaires and Atlanta-based Coca-Cola with its Dasani and smartwater brands. Coke's beverages are sold at airport vending machines and concessions.

Hartsfield-Jackson said the refilling stations on Concourses A and T, retrofitted on water fountains by the vendor, dispense filtered water and are part of a pilot program to encourage passengers to reuse bottles and reduce waste at the airport.

Plans are to monitor use of the refilling stations to decide whether to install them at other locations in the world's busiest airport.

Read More: http://www.ajc.com/business/airport-adds-water-refilling-1469191.html

miles and smiles, jrp2 and mrredskin like this.
  2. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    about friggin time. but why just A and T?!? It would make the most sense in D - for everyone connecting on the puddle jumpers who are lucky to even get a beverage in-flight.

jrp2 likes this.
  3. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    good initiative.

jrp2 likes this.
  4. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to hear!

5. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds awesome. Will definitely be using one before heading to the new concourse next month for my trip to London. Is it sad I'm excited to refill my Vapur bottle?

6. nmt12

nmt12 Member

Status Points:
    I am so very glad to hear this...And I agree with placing it on Term D....Heck for that matter all Terms.