ATL pax got into the terminal via employee shuttle/ramp

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Mar 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/04/travel/georgia-passenger-tarmac/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

How did Shannon Reynolds make it through several layers of security unquestioned and end up on the tarmac at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport?

Around 5 a.m. on February 23, Reynolds was simply trying to park at an off-site parking lot in time to catch a flight on Spirit Airlines, she told CNN.
    She didn't notice she was pulling into a Delta employee parking lot, where she said she was waved through two security checkpoints and allowed to park. Wearing a sundress and carrying her suitcase, she got on a Delta employee shuttle without being asked for identification. None of the employees on board was wearing a uniform, she said, so she said she didn't realize it was for employees only.
    "When I got to the airport, I looked around and I realized this is not where I was supposed to be. It was the tarmac with a big airplane sitting there," Reynolds said.
    Reynolds alerted the shuttle driver, but she was still allowed to get out of the bus onto the tarmac. A ramp agent used his badge to take her up the stairs into the airport passenger area.

kyunbit and sobore like this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    A serious broken at the employee lot. What's the point of the lot security if they just wave people in? :confused:

3. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    maybe this is where they should put all TSA

4. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    On the Tarmac?