ATL Opt Out

Discussion in 'ATL | Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport' started by suzeshoes, Jan 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. suzeshoes

suzeshoes Active Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone else has had the worst experience in the country when opting out in ATL? Always going thru North Security (although no "expert traveler" lines anymore), had particularly tight connection yesterday and per my docs instructions asked to opt out. Biggest concern (besides scanner implications) is how you are usually not allowed to watch your personal items after they have gone thru the X-ray machine. In November at this same location, when I asked to have a visual on my computer and purse, was told "that's the price you pay for opting out". Without a doubt, this is the nastiest group of TSA agents in the country! Yesterday asked male TSA agent at the entrance to the scanner if I could watch my items and he said yes. Upon observing me walk 3 feet up to view personal items a nearby female TSA agent took issue with this but the decision had already been made. Pat down was super slow and deliberate. Dread opting out in ATL but refuse to go thru these machines which have been banned in Europe due to health risk.

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I never ran into that issue, they have usually been quick for me, right by the output of the belt, and then they bring it over to the table and had me stand by it while doing the wipes

flyingdawg likes this.