ATL May Finally Get Cell Phone Waiting Lot(s)

Discussion in 'ATL | Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport' started by flyingdawg, Sep 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    autolycus likes this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    What about the underground concourse?

3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't think long term (20, 30 min.) parking is permitted there. Most cell phone lots I'm aware of are a safe distance from the main terminal.

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I meant the underground walkway between the various terminals. Alongside their little subway.

5. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    That will still be in use for getting in between concourses. They are going to have a shuttle running between the terminals for those who arrive or leave through the wrong terminal.

6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I imagine the underground walkway will still be in use.

Last I was there (thankfully a few months ago), there was no mobile phone reception in the underground walkway. My original comment was highlighting that there still isn't cell phone reception in the underground walkway between the different terminals.

I wasn't addressing any shuttles.

7. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are no changes planned for that walkway, except for the extension to concourse F. No Cellphone use, but then that is not really such a bad thing, as there are still way too few places that you can get away with being disconnected.

8. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's about time!

Getting dropped off and picked up from there is such a pain at times. People just stop or park anywhere they want, sometimes 3-4 deep and you can't even move your own car. It actually scares me sometimes. To think of how much security I go through inside the airport and how little there is outside. Yes, there are police, but do they do anything? Rarely.

flyingdawg likes this.
  9. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    On the South Terminal side, if I'm being dropped off, I would rather someone drop me off on the lower level because of how bad it gets. Fortunately I have cured myself of that issue by not flying DL :p

10. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always get dropped off on the lower level but even that is getting worse. I actually got picked up there just a couple of weeks ago and the entire curb was blocked by parked cars, I had to go between cars and flag down my picker-upper. Ugh. Come on ATL, get it together.

11. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cell Phone Waiting Lot opens tomorrow at South Terminal! 160 spaces that will hopefully offer a great vantage point for plane viewing. Cell lots are also coming for the North Terminal and new International Terminal.

autolycus likes this.
  12. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I sort of used the South Terminal one last week while picking up my wife. They need a more prominent signage for night time. I made the lap of the South Terminal loop twice before I realized the lot was there and open. It is a very convenient location though. And it should indeed be a good place for plane viewing. She called as I was pulling into the lot, so I just rolled through and right back out. Seems like a long-overdue feature for ATL.

flyingdawg likes this.