ATL-LIH airfare in April?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by autolycus, Jan 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Thanks to the recent discussion here about Kauai, my wife and I are looking at an April trip there. We're in ATL, as you might have guessed from the subject. Looking at flights for the 2-week window we have available, airfare is in the $880-950 range for 1-stop flights to LIH on Delta. Is that about what we should expect to be paying for these flights in mid April (4/10-4/19 are the ideal dates for us but we have some flexibility by a day or two each way), or should I hold off a little longer on booking them? One possibility seems to be to do ATL-LIH, fly LIH-HNL, spend a day or two on Oahu, and then fly HNL-ATL. That seems to drop the price by $100-150, which more than makes up for the $70-80 flight to HNL.

I'm much more used to tracking fares to Europe that time of year, and that wouldn't be a ridiculous fare to a lot of European cities in April/May.

Although US Airways is cheaper--by as much as $200 some days--we'd rather stick to Delta or possibly United, but I think United requires 2 connections, and my wife isn't fond of that.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and/or advice!