Atl-lax one way fare in march

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by vgandhi, Feb 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. vgandhi

vgandhi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Am looking for a one way fare from ATL-LAX in march the cheapest I see on delta is around $ 222 any suggestion how to bring it down

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I assume this is a low fare class like T. Have you looked at different days of the week and different times, especially the very early morning departures and redeyes?

Instead of nonstop, try different connections, SLC and MEM are along the path, DTW and MSP will give more miles. Maybe try for multiple connections, including through a cheap city such as MDW/ORD or MKE, perhaps STL, BWI, SNA or PIT if it's permitted.

3. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Theweeklyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Book a round trip with a return in the distant future. I see a ~250 round trip on Tue - Wed some weeks. Would be worth an addition 30 to have a one way from LAX to ATL sometime within the next 330 days.

SC Flier likes this.
  4. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you trying for low cost or a mileage run? The former you could save a bit with a hidden city to LAS. There might be better options.

EDIT

Slight bit of research suggests OAK over LAS. $181

5. vgandhi

vgandhi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am doing a mileage run on delta from Lax-Atl-Nrt-Sin for $ 937 getting 22284 MQM and as a platinum medallion bonus it will be about 44500 RDM but I llive near ATL so need one way to get there and on return I will get down in ATL not going back to LAX
    Please advice

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Instead of getting off in ATL, can you do the whole SIN licket combined with positioning ALT-LAX-ATL? This would maximize miles and the RT might be even cheapeer than a OW LAX ticket. If you get off in ATL, you don't get miles for the leg ATL-LAX that you've already paid for.

7. vgandhi

vgandhi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks a lot I have not thought about it but I will check the pricing for one way and RT if u come across any deal let me know please