ATL International terminal question/parking

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by DeacFlyer1, Nov 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

I live elsewhere, but my wife and I are flying ATL-AUA-ATL next week, and I'm wondering about the mechanics of the new international terminal set-up. Specifically, these things:

1. Delta.com tells me to park/check-in at the international terminal (F) for all international flights; however, I've noticed that the AUA flight seems to depart from terminal E. I'm assuming that F is connected to E, and that it won't be a problem checking in at F but then having to go to E?

2. AUA is a customs pre-clearance airport, so we'll arrive in ATL as a domestic flight. Again, I've noticed lately that the AUA flight is coming into E. Will we be able to transit through terminal F to exit the airport into that parking area, without going through customs/immigration? I have visions of somehow being blocked from going from E through F in order to exit the airport, and then getting forced to exit the airport on the domestic side, and then be on the complete opposite side of the airport from where we parked.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    1. F is connected to the rest of the terminals via train and walkway, so you'll have no issue getting to E.

2. All international baggage goes to F, so head there to pick up your bags, get to parking, etc.

sobore likes this.
  3. alan2k

alan2k Member

Status Points:
    When you leave ATL to AUA, you can take the train (underground) to concourse E, but on the return, the "secure customs" corridor between E and F is walking/moving sidewalk only. So be prepared for a schlep (1/4 mile about).

Also for parking, the only long-term parking at F is a Park and Ride. If you use an off-airport parking, they are all located on the domestic side of the terminal and you will need to verify that they will take you/pickup you at the International Terminal. I know both Parking Spot's do, but Park N' Ride doesn't. In addition, parking there adds about 20 minutes to bet to the terminal.

sobore likes this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Per, the OP, they'll pre-clear customs in AUA, which I think means they'll enter ATL as domestic pax and be able to use the train (or walk if preferred) to Terminal F.

5. alan2k

alan2k Member

Status Points:
    Whoops! I guess I need to get my glasses checked. Sorry for the mislead.

rwoman likes this.
  6. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So you're saying terminal F (and the ability to exit the airport from F) is not restricted in any way?

I've had it in my head that F was somehow segregated from the rest of the airport, but it sounds like it's just one more terminal connected to the rest, just like things were before...

7. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep, it's just another terminal attached to the rest :)

8. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I think I need to have a word with my Atlanta friends for giving me the wrong impression...they made it sound like it was it's own standalone airport!

9. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ha! No, I've walked the entire way between the "domestic" terminal and F. I can assure you it's all connected. I would not deliberately mislead a fellow Deac. ;)

10. longroller

longroller Active Member

Status Points:
    Its connected just flew in and out last month, it did get its own name Maynard Holbrook Jackson International, no sign of Hartsfield anywhere.

11. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that's just the F terminal...the airport is still Hartsfield Jackson... :)