ATL: Check-in for domestic flight at International Terminal

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by GenevaFlyer, Feb 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. GenevaFlyer
    Original Member

GenevaFlyer Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Need to ask the assembled wisdom a question, which I know has been alluded to in the past, but I just wanted to confirm and validate.

Next week, both my wife and I are flying out of ATL, she on her way to Canada, me on my way to JFK to connect to BRU. So, in a normal world, she would check in at the International Terminal, while I would check in at the domestic terminal.

However, since we are not normal around here (right?), I know that some of you have mentioned that it is possible to check in for a domestic flight at the international terminal. So here's the question:

a) Could you please confirm that this is indeed the case?
    b) Is there a special check-in area, or do you just go to the Sky Priority check-in?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

iolaire likes this.
  2. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know the answers specifically, but it might matter which airline she is flying, so I'd ask what airline so that others will know before they answer.

3. robmac

robmac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Assuming you are flying Delta, you will probably be OK. As with anything, call the airport checkin desk to ask.

Terminal F / International is actually connected to the other terminals via tram. I've run to Term F to get a quick shower at the SkyClub when the Term E domestic SkyClub has a long queue. Terms E/F are the only ones with showers.

The only difference would be on inbound flights, as customs would need to be cleared first.

4. GenevaFlyer
    Original Member

GenevaFlyer Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hi,

Thanks for your responses. It is indeed DL, so will give them a call this week to find out for sure. Otherwise, I'll just do some terminal hopping ....

GenevaFlyer