At What Point Is Award Night Blocking No Longer A Glitch?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 27, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I'm a big fan of Hyatt Gold Passport. Along with Starwood Preferred Guest, it's one of my two preferred hotel chains. So when I notice negatives with Hyatt or Starwood, it's often simply a function of me dealing with them most, so also being most likely to notice their shortcomings, at times. One of my favorite things about Hyatt Gold Passport is that I find that they're the best at managing expectations -- they under promise and over deliver, in my experience. Hyatt is one of the smallest "major" hotel chains, so in many ways their loyalty program is what keeps me loyal to their hotels, since they don't have anywhere close to the global footprint of Hilton, IHG, or Marriott. But there's no denying that over the past several months we've seen some inconsistencies in the Hyatt Gold Passport experience. I genuinely don't think these inconsistencies are intentionally being done on a program level, but rather individual hotels are getting "creative" on an individual level, and perhaps there's not enough being done to ensure they're cooperating. The post At What Point Is Award Night Blocking No Longer A Glitch? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...