assistance with flight for cancer victim

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by everhart, Oct 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. My wife is in stage 3 cancer.we live 2 hours east of Tucson,az. Her niece would come down and help me with my wife and her needs, but she would have to go to salt lake city and back every week or two because of school.any programs available to help?

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    My sister in law is in midst of stage 4 stuff herself. I know in her case her church has programs that provides this kind of assistance. Maybe she has a place of worship she can inquire within? There are also non profits like

http://www.angelflight.org/

3. mbranciforte

mbranciforte Active Member

Status Points:
    Angel Flight (mentioned above) is the organization that came to my mind as well. I think it's worth getting in touch with them to see how they can help you. They are an amazing organization! I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery for your wife (and 744's sister in law).

4. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    My dad's flown several trips for Angel Flight, but he's mostly around SFO. I've heard good things. For the kind of short trip you're asking about, that makes more sense because burning 25K miles every couple of weeks is going to really strain some people's accounts. Angel Flight could also probably fly into a closer municipal airport and save you a drive to Tucson.

5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points: