Asset light? Hyatt rumored to have interest in London's Grosvenor House

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by uggboy, Mar 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Asset light? Hyatt rumored to have interest in London's Grosvenor House

Future Grand Hyatt in London? Could be! :)

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    More Likely a PH vs a GH.

But wasnt there rumour of them buying the 4 Seasons Dublin but that fell through as well.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lots of rumours, regarding the FS Dublin, it wasn't about buying but managing the property, eventually IHG "won" that contract with their IC brand. Regarding the Grosvenor House, this hotel would be too large of a property to be considered a Park Hyatt. Also rumours, but in the London case Hyatt would buy the hotel and manage it accordingly, my guess would remain Grand Hyatt as the hotel has 494 rooms it would make sense to me they would decide to brand the hotel as a GH should they decide to buy this world-famous property, at the moment it's the Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel. We will see how this story goes over the coming days, weeks or even months ahead. Also rumours suggest that the Sultan of Brunei could also be in the running to buy this hotel. As said, time will tell.

Kalboz, Garp74 and edekba like this.
  4. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is the Churchill re-open yet?

uggboy likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Apparently not. The latest reports were that reservations were being cancelled through the end of March IIRC.

Garp74 and uggboy like this.
  6. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope the employees are getting paid still. I hope the hotel owners are using this awful event to do a bit of refresh (like the hallways and the front desk which is too small) and some significant maintenance (like replacing the elevators which are awful because they are get stuck too much). I hope we get our beloved Churchill back soon.

7. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points: