Status Points:
    || Assange demand over lost suitcase ||

[​IMG]

sobore and MX like this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm you would think somebody " so smart" wouldn't pack laptops in his suitcase or even let them out of his sight
    would you?:)

uggboy and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    This happened in 2010, and he's just filing a police report now? :confused::rolleyes:

uggboy likes this.
  4. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    You would think he would be panicking back in 2010 and kicking up a storm!

I guess he was less concerned than the guy in this commercial (though at least the guy in the commercial got his back! :p

uggboy likes this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would have thought that too, it wasn't simple "luggage" he lost.

sobore likes this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe it's the right time, with Obama going to visit Sweden and seeing what's believed to be in the suitcase, it was clear he couldn't simply filling a police report at the time, maybe he was scared, now he lives for over a year at the Ecuadorian embassy in London, seems logical he is somewhat "freer" to find the suitcase again. Looks also like that the suitcase houses some secret data which the US don't want to see in public. It's freedom vs. freedom, in this case, just like in Manning's case or Snowden's case.

MX and sobore like this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would have thought so too, but he's hardly a common man. ;)

sobore likes this.
  8. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Considering he's wanted by the Swedish police for questioning on sex charges, I'm sure they'd be happy to take his report in person, at any police station.

uggboy and LETTERBOY like this.
  9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We don't know if it's true or not, Assange has always denied the allegation and this allegation could be used to deport him to the US. IMHO, Obama isn't different, it was always about make believe, telling one thing the people wanted to hear and in the end doing something entirely different. Only because he / Assange / has published the truth via Wikileaks, doesn't make him the bad guy, and regarding the sex charges, as said we simply don't know if it's true or not.

Now, he wants his suitcase back, this suitcase could hold valuable secrets about the US mission in Afghanistan, of course the US don't want to have this data out in the public domain. It's unlikely that he gets the suitcase back, one scenario could be that the he gets the suitcase back, empty that is. Overall, this would be a bummer against democracy.

10. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here's the Embassy of Ecuador in London in which Julian Assange lives in self imposed exile / house arrest since over a year now, photo taken in June 2013:

[​IMG]
    [ EMBASSY OF ECUADOR : LONDON, ENGLAND, UK ] by || UggBoy♥UggGirl || PHOTO || WORLD || TRAVEL ||, on Flickr

It's interesting what Oliver Stone has written about Julian Assange:

11. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, we don't -- which is presumably why the police want to question him. However, considering that the accusations come from Assange sympathizers, and considering that it's more common that real rapes are not reported than false rapes are, I think that the charges are entitled to some credence. Furthermore, Assange's denials are wishy-washy at best rather than outright denials.

Allegations of sexual assault against Swedes in Sweden could not possibly form the basis of an extradition to the United States. For that, he would have to be charged with a crime in the United States, which he has not been.

In any event, it's kind of ironic demanding action from a police force you refuse to speak with when they're investigating your own alleged crimes.

To the best of my knowledge, Obama has never been alleged to have sexually assaulted women who were hosting him in their homes.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  12. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't speaking about such allegation. I was wondering why Obama promises one thing and does in the end what he wants and not many seem to be offended by his actions, it seems to me that many voters forget fast for what they voted him for. In this regard he isn't different, that's something he lets his voters believe. Oh, it's all about amnesia these days, short attention spans.

13. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's the official line, but sadly I doubt that DC plays fair and I doubt they wouldn't find something on him, it's all about might, it's all about power and I doubt that US wouldn't pressure Sweden into something, just like the pressured France, Spain, Austria to take Morales, the President of Bolivia plane to land in Austria, because the US believed he had Snowden on board, the plane had to land with the President of Bolivia on board, was searched for several hours and many were outraged on how the US could force countries against there will to do something which they don't support under "normal" circumstances, France, Spain have now formally apologized to the President of Bolivia.

Just yesterday we have learned in the press about allegation that the US spied on the Mexican President and the Brazilian President illegally.

Reading all this and following the tales of whistleblowers in the press and what they're getting in the US, I'm sure that the DC apparatus would find a way to pressure Sweden into something and get their fingers on Assange. It's not about the alleged rape, it's not about Sweden, it's about the truth the US wants to hide, it's about Assange and they want get back at him for telling, publishing via Wikileaks the truth on how the US really works.

All this let's me question how different Obama really is, he promised to be different, the American people wanted change, that's why they voted for him, but in the end, it's all about amnesia, as a fragmented society sadly the US has long ago forgotten why they voted for Obama in the first place, and on top of all this, they elected him for a second term, despite he has broken many of his own promises. This let's me wonder what's happening with America these days. What's going on in this fragmented country?