Asiana Removing First Class From 777 And 747 Fleet

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 26, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I've enjoyed my flights in Asiana first class, including on the Airbus A380, Boeing 747-400, and Boeing 777-200. Asiana has always been great about releasing first class award space, and I've rarely found the first class cabins to be full, which is perhaps a sign of weak demand for the product. For that matter, Asiana has never really had a cutting edge first class hard product. While the service and food have generally been excellent, the hard product leaves quite a bit to be desired. The 747-400 first class cabins lack privacy. The 777-200 and A380 cabins have more privacy, though the color scheme is borderline vomit-inducing. And the entertainment selection has always been really bad. Asiana has really been struggling financially lately, due in large part to the outbreak of MERS. For example, between April and June of this year the airline lost ~$72 million, nearly eight times how much they lost during the same period last year. The post Asiana Removing First Class From 777 And 747 Fleet appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...