Asiana launches lifetime Diamond Plus status

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by Saracen, Jul 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Diamond Plus was previously a higher *G tier, for those who manage 100k miles in the two year qualifying period. And previously, to achieve lifetime Platinum status, you'd have to fly 1 million *A miles or 1000 sectors on Asiana.

They've now launched lifetime Diamond Plus status: simply accrue 500k miles on *A or Asiana flights, or 500 Asiana segments. That gives you lifetime Star Alliance Gold status, and the other benefits of Diamond Plus status. That makes it the most straightforward *G lifetime plan, I think?

Details here:
    http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en/homepage?fid=ABOUT14000&cmd=NEWSVIEW&seq=1689

adl73x, Jimgotkp, sobore and 2 others like this.
  2. dracjimm

dracjimm Active Member

Status Points:
    Any guesses on if this program might be revoked within the next ~5 years? I need a backup *A mileage program to credit my miles over 100K on LH M&M...

3. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, Asiana joined Star Alliance 8 years ago, is pretty well respected, and so I don't see the airline disappearing any time soon. As for the lifetime offer, it seems to be a competitive move as KE has a similar offer, hence, I'm not sure why they would withdraw it.

OY-JFS likes this.
  4. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    But of course… you never know in this industry!

5. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed witness the loss of bmi lifetime status for those who earned it.