Asiana Adding More First Class Capacity To Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Asiana began their longhaul A380 service between Seoul Incheon and Los Angeles as of last fall, and just recently announced that they'll expand A380 service to New York JFK as of June 13, 2015. Asiana's route to New York JFK was previously operated by a Boeing 777-200ER in a three class configuration, meaning it featured a first class cabin. A majority of Asiana's 777s are in a two class configuration (without first class), so I was kind of curious which route they'd next put the three class 777 on, given that they no longer needed it for JFK. As I explained in the previous post: "Now the question remains as to which route will get the 777-200 which is currently operating the New York JFK route. This is one of the 777s with their new first class product, while most of their other 777s are in a two class configuration, without a first class cabin. So that will be a big upgrade for whichever route gets it. My money is on either the second daily Los Angeles flight or the Chicago flight." The post Asiana Adding More First Class Capacity To Los Angeles appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...