Asian Reward Trip Question

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by LAM, Jul 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it possible to do a reward trip leaving from Washington, DC and visiting Siem Rep and Bali? Don't really care about the order. I will need to only use Star Alliance points. I tried to layout a trip on the United site and got an error message.

2. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are getting the error message when you are building the Multi-Segment flight and adding in DPS-REP?

You would need to call United to book that portion of your trip.

3. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    N
    Not really ready to call the airlines yet. I am just trying to get ideas to present to my travel partner on what we could do with miles in Asia. I really want to go to Bali and he has been and said maybe to the trip if we add in another stop along the way.

4. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd recommend using ANA/Aeroplan to look up space since United has been showing phantom space on some flights. Then piece together each segment on your own. You'll likely have to call to put it all together though.

5. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    You could create an open jaw Flight IAD-REP and DPS-IAD but the flight DPS-REP seems to be causing the error.

You could build several connections into your flights and have a stop in another Asian country.

Some options could be South Korea, Thailand or Singapore.