Asia Pass on *A

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by chef4u, Aug 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be flying YYZ-HKG-YYZ later this year. Using HKG as a base, I would like to fly/visit Thailand and Vietnam. Not sure how the Asia Pass works or what the cost is. Suggestions/explanations welcome!

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The info and the FAQs on *A Asia Pass are here: http://www.staralliance.com/en/fares/airpasses/asia-airpass/

I am going to do something similar this winter. I'll fly JFK-HKG-JFK and also use HKG as my base but I find Asia Pass to be a bit too restrictive for my purpose. This time I have three weeks to see a few cities in North Asia, including Taiwan, before I switch to SE Asia after new year to see a few more cities (Jakarta is on the ticket). I need maximum flexibility so I will just "manually" plan my year-end oriental escapade as I have for the past few years. All of it will consist of unloading all my miles to redeem for one-way *A award tickets either in F or in C to fly from city to city -- no restrictive rules because each segment is self-contained, with no relation to any other.

3. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if this is an option but you might be able to book HKG, Thailand, and Vietnam on a single award using UA miles, if you have them. They allow one stopover or open jaw each way.

4. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not going on a reward ticket :(

5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could get expensive...