Asia Codeshares?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by IPBrian, Jan 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone else noticed any issues with AA codeshare on CX and JL? I got bumped off one CX flight to the next day, and when I search AA, there aren't any SIN-HKG codeshare flights in Jan. If I search OW on AA.com, I get lots of CX flights, but no codeshares.

I just had to move a flight and and was booked on JL, rather than a code share (Feb)...again there are zero codeshares on/around my dates.

In both cases this is a departure from what I WAS seeing a week+ ago.

When I called the exp desk, they say space on the codeshare flights isn't conformable.

What am I missing?

2. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it figured it out....it seems if I just search between the city pair that I am concerned with, it might not come up, but if I search the whole trip (ie cgk-sgf vs ckg-hkg) it seems to work. Odd, but I seem to learn something new every day!

brodyf likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Often times a codeshare only works when tied to a connection. It helps the operating carrier protect monopoly routes while letting partners also sell in to facilitate online connections. So that makes a bit of sense in what you're seeing.