Asia 2010 - A trip of epic proportions

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by thewinchester, Apr 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is the start of a very long TR that I commence writing back in October last year, for a 14-day journey through Asia with two of my friends in November last year.

Authoring it has taken some time, specially since while still writing it in December my laptop met an unfourtnate demise having been run over. I've only just managed to recover the data from it last week so I can finish writing this report.

Without further ado, please enjoy the first ten installments of this report. More to come in the next few weeks.

Junca, Chimpy, lin821 and 4 others like this.
  2. calvinoeh
    Original Member

calvinoeh Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing. Totally understand the time and effort required to finish an "epic" like yours..

3. thewinchester
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the comments, greatly appreciated.

At the moment, there's at least another seven or eight chapters to go, including Shinkansen, a horror ferry ride across the East China Sea, and surviving Korea whilst feeling under the weather.

Yes, still much more fun to come.

Chimpy and sobore like this.
  4. thewinchester
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Chimpy likes this.
  5. thewinchester
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Next installment ready:
    • Chapter 12 - Exploring Osaka - Finally, we're in Osaka, so let's get out and explore. Highlights of this segment included a visit to scenic and wonderful Osaka Castle.

Chimpy likes this.
  6. thewinchester
    Original Member

Status Points:
    And the irony that Chapter 13 is the one where I start to get sick (no graphic details thankfully)
    • Chapter 13 - Osaka to Seoul: This is where we take two high-speed trains and a boat from Osaka to Seoul, including an enforced stop at a western food joint due to a rough as guts ferry ride across the East China Sea.

Chimpy likes this.
  7. GeneCMH
    Original Member

GeneCMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great effort,thanks for sharing and including all the detail that you did. I'm impressed with the idea of using a collaboration tool for planning and such. I think that's a great way to do it, especially when dealing with multiple people.

8. thewinchester
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, and there's still more to come.

I'm still yet to finish proofreading the South Korea and Singapore legs, so there's at least another 4-6 chapters left in this thing including hotel reviews for the Grand Ambassador Seoul (Pullman affiliate) and Novotel Clarke Quay in Singapore.

9. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great trip report, I can't wait to read the rest. :)

Traveller and Freddie Listo like this.