AS Visa Signature new 40k offer

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by sharris503, Aug 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I found this buried in a flyertalk thread, thought it was worth a mention here. Alaska has a new CC offer: 25k now and 15k after spending $7,500 in 6 months.

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?directMail=true&sc=VABJ9M#b

Update: This little line is in the T&C: "This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer and is valid for a limited time only," so maybe this one is not churnable, the regular 25k does not have this language in the T&C so that is still churnable.

booyaa, Scottrick and iolaire like this.
  2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting. Although two main features of the AS Visa card have been significantly devalued.
    1) Used to get 1000 bonus miles for every alaskaair.com booking using the card. That's gone.
    2) The $99 companion was valid for F fares, so you could get two F flights to Hawaii basically for half price. Now the $99 companion is only good for coach fares.

misterbwong likes this.
  4. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm still kicking myself for not getting in on the AS companion ticket before they devalued.

5. booyaa
    Original Member

booyaa Silver Member

Status Points:
  6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    But given that these benefits were lost anyway, the 40K miles is the next best thing. At least something about the card has improved. I am still thinking of adding this card to my next churn, and would probably use it for a coach fare anyway.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  7. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    True, but I never buy F fares so that is not such a draw back for me. I still think the companion ticket is a great deal. Unlike other companion tickets one does not need to be a ticketed passenger to use it. For instance I have used it for my friends when they went to Hawaii. I still think you can't beat what is essentially a buy one get one free ticket to Hawaii every year. The other nice thing about this card is that it is truly churnable. Plus 40k is one off peak ticket to Europe on AA which partners with AS. All in all I think this is still a good card. I've already had two. I'm thinking of making this a third.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  8. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is a thread about a dead 30k offer. It was buried in that.

9. LauraPDX

LauraPDX Silver Member

Status Points:
    My college age daughter received a postcard in the mail this week offering it to her (same terms as first post)