AS tops Customer Satisfaction for FFPs, WN 2nd, B6 3rd

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by eponymous_coward, May 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...irline-loyaltyrewards-programs-259178531.html

I find it interesting that two programs that strictly rebate spend outrank airlines like UA/AA... and DL outranks AA. ;)

Interesting findings... and I think if you polled MPers you would get different answers. :)

Flyer1976 likes this.
  2. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there a published methodology? I checked, but didn't see one. I'm curious because I can view this a lot of ways. Primary would be, if I ask Joe Public about sushi, anecdotally I have to think most of them will think it is awful. If I ask frequent sushi eaters, they'll tell me how great it is. Both sets of data are meaningless to me as a diner (or traveler as the case may be.) I like what I like regardless of what everyone else does.

However, if I'm looking for advice, I will never go to anyone without at least some experience in what it is I'm seeking advice for.

3. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The problem is that publishing methodology = everyone can duplicate your results.

That being said, JD Power's results mimic other customer service studies I have seen, where airlines score low compared to other businesses, and Alaska has some pretty good stats on things like on-time percentage, Southwest generally wins on DOT complaints (for something like 20+ years and counting).

4. debbyme49

debbyme49 Member

Status Points:
    I've heard it said that Southwest ranks higher in customer satisfaction because their customers/passengers have lower expectations.

5. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

Status Points:
    How so? Given that domestic coach (the most common form of travel in the US) isn't exactly a luxury experience, what are LCCs like WN and B6 not giving customers compared to other airlines?