AS to overhaul 738, 739, & 900ER fleet to add powerports to all seats and slim-lines

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by ballardFlyer, Apr 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Per AS's website and posted on blogs AS will be spending $100m on plane improvements for the whole 737-800, 900, and 900-ER fleet to add power ports and switch the 800s and 900s to slimline Recaros.

Details: http://splash.alaskasworld.com/Newsroom/ASNews/ASstories/AS_20130423_045423.asp

This is great news overall - wifi without power is a non-starter for TCons. It is wonderful it will be on every seat too.

Now only they could get other class competitive features like pillows and blankets in F and in-seat AVOD :)

2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    The new entertainment system is AVOD, per the press release (if they go with what they say). You'll just have to juggle it with your meal :p

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. Boraxo

Boraxo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't really care about the power ports on these relatively short flights. But the wifi (and IFE) would be a big plus, particularly if it has individual choices as opposed to the crappy shared overhead monitors.

5. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    "The crappy shared overhead monitors" have never been a problem for us at AS. :p

6. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder what routes will get the power ports and new IFE first?

The online mention of timeline that I saw was:
    My guess will be transcons, rather than Hawai'i - given that there's no wifi on the Hawai'i routes. Hopefully SEA-BOS will get the new cabin frequently, since I have a ton booked on that route this fall :)