AS Status with Delta "Economy Comfort"

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by Bay Pisco Shark, May 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does MVP/G status entitle us to Economy Comfort (complimentary, or at least discounted) on DL flights?

2. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I took a pretty hard look at the details on the Delta pages for Economy Comfort. The language sure appears to just apply to only the DL elites.

Would be a very nice perk if they were to expand it to allow AS elites to be able to buy discounted EC seats.

3. ItsADryCold
    Original Member

ItsADryCold Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was able to select exit row seats (10F and 10A on a DL A330) without any problems.

4. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dry, what was the itinerary?

5. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    A little over a week ago I saw the following stats in terms of EC seats:

In a recent update regarding the reconfigurations on its corporate blog, Delta stated its TechOps technicians have completed installs on 108 of 170 aircraft, with the remaining 62 scheduled for completion on 1 June. The new seats will be featured on Delta's long-haul fleet of Boeing 747s/757s/767s/777s and A330s.

So far the work has been completed on 16 Boeing 747-400s, 17 Boeing 757-200s with personal video and 10 Boeing 777-200LRs. Delta has finished configurations on 11 of 12 A330-300s, five of eight 777-200ERs, 50 of 59 767-300ERs, one of 21 767-400ERs, zero of seven 757-200s with overhead video and zero of 11 A330-200s.

http://www.flightglobal.com/article...w-economy-configuration-on-more-than-100.html

6. ItsADryCold
    Original Member

Status Points:
    SEA-AMS. Row 10 is probably the best you can get on a long-haul such as this without sitting up front.

7. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There's a note over on the "other board" that indicated that at least one MVPG was able to purchase Economy Comfort at a discount. Were you pitched the EC product at checkin at a discount? Or did you decide that the exit row was good enough?

8. ItsADryCold
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I didn't know Economy Comfort even existed. It is not something I would be willing to pay for so long as I have exit row and priority boarding access.

9. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems like chances are good that this is available on SEA-AMS, which operates with either an A330-300 or a 763, depending on which flight you're on....but I see that Seatguru hasn't updated yet.
    Was EC even on offer when you booked? Maybe you did so before it was loaded into the system, in which case, enjoy the bonus. :)

10. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
  11. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    oooo....book now before they do!

12. gba
    Original Member

gba Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the window in Row 29 is better than the window in Row 10 because the door doesn't intrude. For the aisle seats, it's a question of whether you want galley noise or lav traffic. In general, I think that being able to select great seats on these long DL flights is one of the better benefits of Alaska status.

13. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not all exit rows are Economy Comfort seats...

EC is appearing since the program becomes official June 1st. Given the timing of my trip, I figured I had a decent shot of being in EC. The exit row on the 76G was not EC while it was on the 763.

14. Just got an economy comfort seat on JFK-AMS on DL, with AS Gold. I had to purchase it, but it was for 28 EUR, which (i might be wrong) i doubt is the normal price for everybody as those seat usually sell at about 1500 EUR for a flight that costs 500 EUR in economy. I have a T ticket.

15. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm being offered EC on SEA-AMS in October for the whopping sum of $60 each way. Considering the ticket to HEL was only $762....I may partake!

Ya! $762 not bad in these days of horrid high fares. 11668 miles (all EQM as I got it to book DL/KL/KL/DL) and 11668 bonus for MVPG. Not doing it as a mileage run, but letting fares dictate my October holiday. A few days in Helsinki and a few days in Tallinn and an overnight in Amsterdam (!!) on the way home. :)

16. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This sounds like half of the regular price for EC on this route which IIRC is what a DL Gold (GM) would pay.

17. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    If we can purchase EC seats at the DL GM price, then that is a phenomenal benefit and it will surely lure me over to DL instead of UA/CO on international flights... DL's EC product sounds a lot nicer and more comfy than UA's E+ product.

Yes, I'd be willing to shell out $60 bucks each way on a long haul flight and will make up for it by drinking $60 worth of booze ;)

I know recline is not a huge benefit for some, but for me every inch of recline COUNTS!

dgreen12 likes this.
  18. beckoa
    Original Member

beckoa Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did the trip to HEL in early May [Ironically I never stopped back to MP until now lol] and it was a fun adventure- and take the fast ferry to TLL as its pretty quick and not too much of a premium IIRC. Then again I did book mine same day :eek:

Of course my trip was a bit less from ANC :p FAI-SEA-MSP-AMS-HEL-AMS-SEA-ANC for 707 AI.

19. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like DL only charged me $60 total for seats both directions on the SEA-AMS sector. Managed to score a cheap ticket on Norwegian, so am going to pop over to Stockholm for a couple of days. Opted for the 1 hour flight on Estonian rather than the ferry from Stockholm that takes 15+ hours. Will ferry back to HEL. Will likely book mine a few days out as the Silja Line web site rejected both the credit cards I will use for foreign transactions.

20. DelGriffith

DelGriffith Silver Member

Status Points:
    How do you get it to book DL/KL/KL/DL? I have an upcoming SEA-AMS-WAW RT on DL and KL. I don't want to miss any EQMs. If the KL flights are booked as a DL codeshare, do I still get AS EQMs?

21. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    When booking KL flights with DL, it often maps to KL "M" fare class with a KL boarding pass, but it never posts automatically. On the outbound in AMS ask the gate agent to print you a KL boarding pass since the DL boarding pass will show an ineligible flight number [DL 94xx or so]. Retain your boarding passes and after the trip send it in and the miles should post accordingly. I did this three times.

Rule of thumb, when flying on codeshares, always get the boarding pass of the operating carrier for mileage accrual purposes. So get DL boarding passes for the DL flights and the KL boarding passes for the KL flight then you should be good to go!

22. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got it to book that way on the DL web site. That particular combination was down the list, but was present. The first was DL/DL, but found the DL/KL outbound and the KL/DL inbound. It may be the case that the fares were available in the particular classes.
    I don't expect the KL legs to post horribly quickly, but at least booking this way, I don't have to take the extra step of asking for a new BP in AMS.

23. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm able to grab EC on domestic flights without issue. Of course DL doesn't show them as EC on the seat map since the rollout isn't complete... but for now, it works just fine. When I book on DL, it shows me as MVPG/Gold Medallion, so it looks like we'll get GM benefits (and 75K's will get PM benefits).

24. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not really... 75Ks and Golds are treated the same as SkyTeam Elite Plus on Delta minus lounge access. As a 75K I am shown as "Gold Medallion" on Delta.com, it has more to do with DL's :rolleyes: IT and its limitations.

25. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think their mobile app is one of the best.